Thursday, June 18, 2009

Unfortunate

Recently my computer screen has started to flicker and periodically turn off altogether. After several frustrating attempts to do anything on it, I decided it was time to bring it to a 'Genius'. I bought an external hard drive a few days prior, to back up my important information (kind of a joke right?) Well I tried to back it up, and I failed... miserably. My computer... FROZE! (gasp) So I was a little upset. But I remembered that last time I took my little Mac in and got it back in perfect shape, cleaner and happier for the ride. So I ventured out to Victoria Gardens in hope of a similar experience. I got my laptop back today. I was overjoyed. I wanted to make a new post, and all (yes ALL) of my pictures, contacts, and random information are on my laptop so I needed to wait until he came back to make a new blog. I opened the shiny wrapping from the package, and saw the receipt for the work. Things replaced: Fan, Heatpipe, Connector, Bezel, Top Case, HDD, Hard Drive cable. What? I brought it in for the Connector. I flipped my mac on... everything, everything was gone. Every single picture since high school, Microsoft Office, my address book, my calendar. Everything. So I hope no one wanted to see France pictures. On the bright side, I got upgraded to Leopard (and my Time Machine is up and running so this can never happen again).

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm an upgrade for a downgrade...sad day. Sorry to hear.

    ReplyDelete