Sunday, February 19, 2012

Apron

Sometimes I feel like I have hit cruise control on my life and I'm not doing a lot of growing. That is how I feel about now, which might explain all my recent exercise, sewing, and cooking adventures. A few weeks ago I decided that I need to cultivate some new talents. So I decided on a sewing project. The only things I have sewn before were for my hedgehog. I miss that little Lola bean. I made her bedding and little sleeping bags. They started out a little deformed, but gradually improved until her sleeping bags were adorable. This time I decided to try something a little more daring, something with a (gasp) pattern. And so one bright and cold afternoon I headed to Joann Fabric and purchased two contrasting colors to start on a little half apron - perfect for making grilled cheese.
This was the first time I have made pockets, scallops, anything reversible, or gathering. It was also the first time using Jacy's sewing machine instead of my mom's. And it was my first time using a pattern. A lot of firsts went into this little apron.
And here it is! I think it turned out quite lovely.My camera can't handle indoor lighting - especially fluorescent lights - so everything has a very bright orange hue - so I played with the settings a little bit - that's why they look a little interesting. So there it is - Julianne's first homemade apron. I even matched the stitching (for most people I guess that would be assumed, I will go ahead and point it out).

No comments:

Post a Comment