Monday, July 21, 2014

Climb to the Clouds

Why I decided this would be a good starting century - I don't know. But I did it. Never mind that my Ironman is all flat. It started off with a pretty breezy 20 miles, then I had difficulties for the next 20 miles, but I summited! I climbed Mt. Wachusett! And then the last 20 miles were pretty nice. When I was at mile 36 - I didn't know if I would be able to climb to the top. I'm not a great climber. I was going REALLY slow. But I made it! And I felt GREAT throughout the whole thing (except for my legs being on fire and my lungs wanting to be bigger for that hour climb). I made my own nutrition (I got a new book called Feed Zone Portables about making your own, whole food for workouts instead of relying on bars and gels loaded with artificial things and sugar). So now I'm feeling really good about Ironman! If I can pump this out in 8 hours, then I should be sitting pretty in Maryland. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment