Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hiking


In July I went hiking in Havasupai with some friends from BYU. We met up in Las Vegas and proceeded from there. Luckily, we were late in leaving so we were able to make it to the trail head in the cool hours of high noon. I met some new people as well as remet people I had met briefly before. It was an exciting time as we explored new waterfalls and wreckage from the flood. It was not exciting to hike down with a pack, hike all around, and then find out the helicopter ride was not being offered. So, being the priss that I am, I naturally hired a mule to carry my belongings out of the canyon, enabling me to make the arduous hike out in under 3 hours (I also lost 6 pounds in 4 days, I'm that amazing). We left the parking lot late that night, and Sam and I got into Redlands in the early morning hours. We showered and napped before taking off for LA where I had lunch in Beverly Hills with my good friend Natalie (camping to Dior in 12 hours). The next day, I went quad riding for the first time in my life. I was a natural and basically awesome at it, despite the heat. That was one jam packed week. I can't describe the amount of sleep I indulged in once I returned from the desert nor the absolute heavenly feeling of it. Added bonus that my parents were out of town, so there weren't any tractors or whistling to awaken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment