Friday, August 21, 2009

Utah


A few weeks ago, I began to miss my brother. With Brian in Boston and Nathan working all the time, I headed to Provo to be with brother #2. Unfortunately, I arrived the day of the Utah BAR, and was unable to see him for a day and a half. Bummer. BUT! The joyous moment finally came, and to the Happy Sumo we went. :) I love Jared and I love sushi. Yay for us.
While there I got a healthy dose of nephew (he can say Doodle and I am just tickled pink), went on the Alpine Slide AND Coaster (AWESOME!!), saw Land of the Lost (I loved it) and spent time with friends. I went to a driving range for my very first time, got French pastries and lost a game of put-put and bought everyone pop to make up for it. I had tons of fun, and was deeply saddened once Sunday came around and I had to leave. The weather was beautiful and everything was just amazing. On Monday, I 'babysat' (played with Alix and had a wonderful time) then on Tuesday my dear friend Samuel called me. Our conversation went like this: "I'm in LA, I'm going to Provo. Wanna come?" - "Umm, yes" - "I knew you would, I'm already on my way over."
We spent the night in Vegas (where I gambled away my very first dollar!!) then made it to Provo the next evening. I had another wonderful week in P-town, although this time around the weather was not as nice and the movies weren't as fun (Terminator and Night at the Museum 2 - I love dollar theaters!). I'm happy to say that I got my fill of Thai food and won 2 games of bowling against someone who took a bowling class. I'm awesome. On the way home, I learned how to play Craps.
Now, I am back in Redlands. I began to miss brothers again, and spent a week with brother #3 watching his dog and Heros. With 2 down, I couldn't resist the urge, and am leaving to Boston next week to get the big #1 in.

4 comments:

  1. I love the alpine slides! So fun.
    Can't wait for you to get here!! I'm soooo glad you're coming. We're going to have so much fun... you know, hot dogs from a real hot dog vendor and all. Only special sister-in-laws get such good treatment here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are a busy gal! Have a great time in Boston:) - this is yolanda on andy's account:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, why do you get to have all the fun, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our conversations by the way. And I'm sad we're missing each other in Boston by days :(

    ReplyDelete