Monday, November 23, 2009

Bees

As I was innocently lounging on my patio this week, an unsettling event transpired. I have always been taught that bees will be friends with you if you are friends with them. I have always tried to be nice to bees. Häagen-Dazs requests it after all. But I was shocked this week, as not only was I simply lounging -something that might be offensive I guess to such a hard worker - but it is also practically winter (I use the term loosely)! How rudely, then, was I suddenly snapped back into reality by a stinging in my leg! As I looked to investigate, there the bee was! Still perched upon me!! As I went to swat him away, he stung me yet again - this time leaving his stinger behind. Suicide bee. So I now have TWO painful, itchy welts on my leg.
Count: Bee: 2 Julianne: 1

1 comment:

  1. Especially rude considering the name of your blog, I would think! He can't sue for copyright, so I guess he has to work with what he's got.

    ReplyDelete