Thursday, September 1, 2011

RDH

So about a month before I moved to ye olde Boston, I started freaking out about finding a job. As Loma Linda was INSANELY expensive and I have never been one to work overtime, it was a concern for me. The first few weeks here only heightened my fears. I had saved up some monies from gifts etc, and was really excited to take a sailing class during the summer while job surfing. Unfortunately, Massachusetts had other plans. I had to take a few more board exams to get my Mass license, so my sailing funds were depleted (next summer, I will sail with a vengeance - with legit boat shoes just for good measure).
I went to the Church's job training while still in California so I could learn how to apply for a job and make a good impression while interviewing. Well, after being here about a week or 2, I applied for my first job. I found a posting on Craigslist that was nearby and emailed my application. A week later I had my first interview (my first time in a suit). The interview went well but I had to wait 2 weeks before my license was finally approved and I could go to a working interview. And everything went swimmingly from there. I was working my first job. It was great because I had a month to learn dental office basics and get a feel for it. Then I decided I wanted to add a few more days. I found another listing, got a call the next day with an interview. And I start next week.
So within a month, I have 4 days a week with a 5th day option. Life is looking rosy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment