Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Going to be a Golfer!

This year, I asked for a bike for Christmas. I wanted to bike around. I like bikes. Unfortunately (and fortunately) for me, the bikes are right next to the golf clubs. My mother decided that would be a much more fitting activity for me to do. Just think of all the networking I could do while golfing!! A few trips to Izod later, along with registering for a golf class and I can now fully expect to become a golfer very soon. I have several outfits: golf skirts, golf shorts, collared shirts, argyle like you wouldn't believe. I have the clubs: I don't know anything about clubs yet - but they are purple in color. I have a class: every Friday afternoon. I even have a golfing glove. I'm so shnazzy.
The only snag so far is that I have never actually been on a golf course. This is all speculation. I don't think my middle name is Tiger (which I guess from recent events is a good thing overall), and the only sport I have really enjoyed in my life is badminton. But I am excited about this. I think golf is about the same activity level as badminton (maybe a bit less), you get to wear ridiculous clothing (something I have always loved), and it is one more thing I can go with people. And I like people. :)

4 comments:

  1. i can't wait to golf again, we shall golf in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think golf attire suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what's more fun. Golf or golfing clothes. They both sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I love that your golf clubs are purple. That just seems awesome, for no particular reason. Second, I love that you own a golf set without knowing how to golf. Third, I think it's just a little bit funny that you got these instead of a bike. Fourth, I don't know how I missed your post below, but I'm in love with it. Those are some of my very favorite Asbury family pictures, and I think it might just inspire a post of my own. How I love you. Hurry up and graduate so you can come live with us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete