Sunday, January 24, 2010

SNOW DAY!

It has been raining like a monsoon lately. Like a MONSOON! Then yesterday, I awoke for another fun day of clinic fun to see snowflakes caressing my yard. While they only lasted about 5 minutes, I was a little excited for what that meant... a SNOW DAY! (Sometimes I like to use all caps - refrain from your judgments.) So today, I found all our sleds, washed them off (it was sunny and warm today YAY), and packed the car with friends and directions to Forest Falls - like I really need directions. But then, they closed every single road leading to any kind of mountainous region. Every road. Rude. Not hampered by this, we drove up to Yucaipa to do some cross country sledding (it was mostly flat - it was a random field), make a snowman, watch a 16 year old attempt to flirt with us, and make snow angels. Later we returned home for warm tapioca pudding, hot cocoa and rice (yea).
The best thing about snow days at home it that I get to leave the snow behind. In Utah it snowed, and you had to stay in it - for 6 months or so. But now, everything is wondrous. Plus, it was warm out. :)

1 comment: