Sunday, February 7, 2010

So Sporty

Recently I have been trying to exercise more. I mainly want some awesome legs to support my weak knees so that I can go skiing. I thought I was doing pretty good, I even swam a mile this week. A mile! The first time I tried to swim laps, I was done at 5 (after I used the kickboard even). So hitting the 35 lap mark was really exciting for me. Also, I have been rocking my cycling class. I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then on Saturday, I remembered about the Super Bowl and the discounted grocery items. I bought 8 cases of soda, 4 bags of Cheetos, 2 bags of potato chips - and we're not even mentioning the Häagen Dazs. As I lazied about on Sunday, enjoying my restful day, eating some snacks, getting excited for Free Grand Slam Day at Denny's - I realized 4 of my classmates were running a marathon. That's like 10%. And I am eating 4 bags of Cheetos.
I feel I have a LONG road ahead of me.
That is how I normally swim...

4 comments:

  1. I say you go back to the way you used to swim, who needs big muscular legs anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why we're not just family... we're friends. Do you think when you move to Boston I'll be out running marathons while you eat all the cheetos in the house?? I think not. Though I am impressed that you can swim a mile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course she can swim a mile, her mom was in water ballet! Synchronized swimming! She inherited more than just those green eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have personally witnessed the mother daughter synchronized swimming. I would have to admit it is quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete