Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birthday Month!!

I love my birthday month. It's the shortest month of the year, so it just feels extra special. After raining forever, the clouds finally parted and the sun shown to a brilliant 75 - 80 degrees all last week. It was just in time for a visit from my dear friend Emily and her fiancé Tyrone (and to be abandoned by my mother and father). We went out to LA to take some engagement pictures on the beach. I had never been to the Venice Beach Canals before, but they are very beautiful! Then on Valentine's day I made heart shaped biscuits for breakfast and had dinner with Jacki, Auntie and a friend. It was delicious! Auntie brought over most of the food, so it was also easy! I set the table (complete with red chargers and pink plates of course!) and added a pink and white flower arrangement (mom would have been so proud). I made crêpes later that evening, and watched West Side Story for the first time, oddly Jacki didn't want to join me for this... bizarre. On Monday, it was a HOLIDAY! and I was so happy to be out of school. I made a lasagna with fresh lemonade and garlic bread for lunch with me, Emily, Erika, Tyrone and Drew. The sun was shining and the birds were just chirping away. It was quite a lovely time. :) Seriously - birthday month is so awesome!
This week, I got to attend a fireside with Sister Bednar. I got there 30 minutes early, but was still sitting in the back row - until someone I didn't know asked me to come and sit with them in the comfy chairs at the front! Right in back of my dear friend Nola. Then Saturday was my ward's homemade Corn Dog party. I love corn dogs. I do. Followed by visiting my auntie and cousin and getting some frozen yogurt.
Today we're having the missionaries over for dinner (chicken enchiladas!!), and Thursday we are going to go to Elephant Bar for my birthday (I've never been, but I might switch it to Chipotle - we'll see), Friday is Vespers with some classmates and Saturday is my birthday party!
I have yet to find a flaw in this month (besides the 10 earthquakes a day - seriously, what is going on?) And am happy to call February the month of my birth. Glorious, wonderful month that it is!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh jacki...what a stick in the mud...i have never seen west side story either...i would have watched it with you, cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention. I'll have to bring by a special treat for you on your b-day. Maybe some of my cookies??? See what I mean about making comments? I say the dorkest things. Happy Birthday Month.

    ReplyDelete