Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lexa

As we may or may not remember, I love bikes! I think they are so fun. And now with Jack deceased, I decided it was time. Time to finally embrace my love of bikes. So after months of debating, searching Craigslist, searching the newspaper, asking friends if they knew anything about bikes, looking mindlessly through eBay, I finally decided on a bike. The first time I went shopping, it was rainy and I couldn't ride the bikes around. But then finally, this Saturday I woke up and it was so beautiful outside! The sky was blue, the sun was shining, my little chickens were peeping around. And all I wanted to do was ride a bike. I wanted to ride all around. Happily. But I didn't have a bike. :(
So I bravely went to the bike store by myself (it was a big step) and purchased the bike I had been eying for the past month. A WSD Trek. The salesman was super nice, and waited for me while I debated everything, tried on every helmet in the store, biked around the block on a few different bikes (just to be sure), and he even tried on bike shorts with me. By the end I felt like we were friends. He was awestruck with just how "beginner" I was ( I didn't have a floor pump at home?!). So he walked me through the entire process, and told me everything I was going to need (yes to a little seat bag, no to the camel pack).
I don't get to pick it up until tomorrow (they don't carry my color preference), but I am so excited! Sure, I have two finals tomorrow, but afterwards!!! I get to bike around! YAY! Although I might hold off on those bike shorts for a while...

2 comments:

  1. No to the Camel Pack?? Are you crazy? Those things are completely cool! I have been wanting one for-ever but can't justify spending $40 on it. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE nothing more than to go frolicking on our bikes together! We caved and bought a $15 bike at a garage sale. :( It still needs new tires. It is a piece! But it'll tide me over for now.

    ReplyDelete