Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love Paris in the Springtime!!!

YAY!! It's finally spring! Like the roll your sleeves up, nap on the lawn, eat on the patio, listen to birds singing type of Spring! A few weeks ago the sun came out and I went to the park, I was so excited I wanted to blog about it. But then I didn't take any pictures, and it didn't get sunny again for a long time. Plus while I was in the park, I was FREEZING my butt off, but still trying to absorb sunlight. Then this week happened. And I just can't describe my joy. Everyday this week has been gorgeous! We did yoga in front of the Eiffel Tower, we played soccer (in shorts!), I opened my windows while writing my essay and basked in the sun, I sat on a patio outside a cafe, I wore a short sleeved shirt around, I napped at the Musée Rodin, and I ate macaroons in the park. It was gorgeous. The sky was a crazy BLUE!! Not that grey that I have become so acustomed to. And today I went to the park and it was so crowded with people. The old people sit on the benches and the young people lay on the grass (I sat on the benches ha ha). And just when you don't think it can get any better, I remember this: I'm living in one of Monet's paintings. He painted the Parc Monceau. So basically, I am in it. Plus, just in case anyone was getting bored, we decided to go to Cleopatre. And it was amazing. Absolutely wonderful. I loved it. It was like a musical Cirque du Soleil. Astounding. And fun. :) Plus I just love dressing up.

3 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make me jealous? It's working. Maybe I could come with your mom in April? I didn't think so. I think I love Paris. I love Monet. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for springtime!! Springtime in Paris!! I hope everyone gets their sun fix so that when i get there next month there will be some space on the bench for me, or at least a little lawn! Me and NOLA. Love to you, ps Adam got his mission call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in Europe I had a photo journal of couples making out. Classic sculptures don't count.

    ReplyDelete