Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snails and Staying Up Late

After watching the sun set behind the Eiffel Tower, I had escargot for the first time. I was really excited. It came out in all of its glory, snail shells filled with green algae looking sauce, along with clamps. I kept thinking of Julia Roberts, "Slippery little suckers." It was pretty exciting. I also wanted to chronicle what a metro looks like at 10 pm on a Friday night.
I have recently developed the bad habit of staying up very late reading, or talking to people on skye/facebook. This is awkward because I don't really feel like I live in this apartment. I am just a guest here, so when I get up at 2am to get a drink of water, I feel like I am intruding on their lives. I'm continually afraid they will wake up, and see me and be like what are you doing in my kitchen at 2 am?

5 comments:

  1. So...did you like escargot? Cute little kitchen by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that escargot looks good. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed I did enjoy the escargot. I was sad that I didn't have more. :) I'm a fan, plus you feel so cool. I'm eating snails, right out of the shell. I sprinkled them with salt to add insult to injury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, maybe this is one post where I wasn't that jealous. Eiffel Tower at sunset, yes. Escargot, not so much. But glad you were adventurous and tried it!

    ReplyDelete