Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chartres

Since Paris has been beautiful and sunny the past few days, we wanted to get out of here! So, we got up early and headed for the train station.
It was my very first time on a train. And I was very excited. As luck would have it, our train was canceled or something (have you ever tried listening to train station announcements in a foreign language? Tricky I tell you) so we had to get on another train. But we eventually got there and guess what? It was cold.
I was really excited once we got off the train because there, beneath my very feet, was a mosaic of a sea shell. Most people don't know/care about the Chemin de Saint-Jacques, but it's something I have a strong desire to do someday. I made Grant take a picture. He gave me the funnest look. A mix between 'What on earth do you care about this shell for?' and 'Are you really about to lay on the ground?'
The Cathedral was amazing, there was lots of stained glass. Our tourguide was amazing, and impressed we knew some biblical stories, (spoiler alert: Jesus was a Jew) his name was Malcolm Miller. Apparently he is also very famous. Yay for him.
Then for an added bonus, we thought we would climb up this fun looking tower. It looked so fun. I mean who doesn't love medieval towers? And they were such spacious stairs!! They could fit a whole skinny person! And it was so short to the top. Only 300 stairs!
Yea, my legs are still sore and angry with me.
Sadly I am now sick. I think it had something to do with the toddlers who were here last week (and revisited today) who were also sick. Now I am sniffley and gross. It makes me sad.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I learned all about Chartres cathedral in my humanities class!! I feel so smart. hahaha. It looks like you are having so much fun! Hooray for Doodle!!!! (I realize I am using a lot of exclamation points. oh well. Deal with it.)...!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that one time I went to Paris on the wrong train? Yeah, that was because of a train station announcement. They sound like Creole French or something.

    ReplyDelete