Sunday, February 15, 2009

Londres

So on Wednesday I woke up had breakfast (Nutella on toast, what else?) bought a pastry and went to Gare Paris Nord, got my passport stamped 4 times (why? Not sure) and headed to LONDON! This is my first trip to Europe, so everything is new and exciting for me. :) The train wasn't very crowded, we commandeered some additional seats and played some games together. Upon arrival we took our first trip in the London Underground, which is warmer than the Paris Metro fyi. Then we arrived at my very first HOSTEL. No room service, no maid service, no bath tub, no towels provided, no phone in our room, no elevator. We were indeed roughing it, we even got put on the 6th floor! Then we went to The London Eye (BORING!) and Les Mis (Wonderful!). All in all: I learned how to play Canasta, ate fish and chips and mushy peas at 2 different pubs, met two large and very polite Corona bottles, rode my first public bus (double decker), got lost twelve times, and saw/toured: St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, London Bridge, Globe theater, Kensington Gardens and Palace, the Orangerie (which made me feel like Mr. Darcy was about to walk up to me), Hyde Park (where there were 3 BYU London students walking around), Notting Hill, Piccadilly Square, Trafalgar Square, the Peter Pan scultpure, Diana Memorial Fountain and took phone booth pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I was i London 4 times and I haven't seen these many thing as you. You must have been very tired. But isn't London beutiful? If you want to see me photos from London, feel invited to site: www.greenpoint.fotolog.pl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelete foto! felicidades saludos Herbert PERU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ca fait un moment que je n'ai pas vu une photo d'une patisserie.

    ReplyDelete