Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whiskers on Kittens and Warm Woolen Mittens


I just wanted to list a few of my favorite things:

  • You really can't walk more than 2 blocks without hitting a Boulangerie ou Patisserie.
  • Every 5 feet is a National Monument.
  • When someone asks me for directions in French, and I can give them, and they understand me.
  • It's my birthday month!!!!!!!!!
  • I walked down my street once and bumped into Chanel and Dior.
  • You can buy really cheap books at flea markets.
  • When me and my host family chat up a storm over random topics.
  • I can watch The Office!! Thanks Dan!!
  • iPods (not French but absolutely everyone listens to them on the Metro)



This is where the Phantom of the Opera lives. And for really bad seats for students, it's only 6 euros. And there really is a lake underneath it, albeit a small one.

This is what I see getting off the Metro. This is my neighborhood. It's so pretty.

The Louvre. Where I have a free pass and really long boring classes.

My absolute favorite pastry. I could eat 4 a day. Every day. And I would die, but I would die a happy woman.

I love cute little streets and towns. This is Chartres. So pleasant. Everything closes at lunch time.
I saw this in the Metro and almost had a heart attack I was so excited. There was a train in the way, so I stopped to wait so I could get a clear view. Everyone thought I was crazy, but when the train moved, they all realized it was worth it.
I bought this belt. And it's like 12 sizes too big. Sad day.
My favorite statue. It's all the way up at La Defense (it gives La Defense it's name)

4 comments:

  1. I love the bananas in pajamas sighting, your neighborhood and what I would do to have boring classes in the Louvre...you lucky lucky soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Doodle. YOU are one of my favorite things. Don't worry about the belt. The real sad day is when it is about 12 sizes too small. Maybe you should eat a few more of those pastries! They look divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very good at making me jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! You are a favorite thing, and so is your blog. And don't worry about the belt, I have plenty of things that are too small that I bought when they were too big. Pastries and The Office together can help you get there too! I love the pictures, especially when the sky is blue, the color sky is supposed to be. Love, your friend and mam, here in the sunshine state where it was 83 degrees.

    ReplyDelete