Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Forgetful

Sometimes, when it's midnight, and I still have 30 pages of Contemporary France to finish up before 10 am class the next morning and the wind is howling outside threatening to tear the building down and my pants are hanging up on the radiator in the hopes that they will someday dry, I think, "Aw, this is no fun!" (side note: has anyone ever tried to understand French Politics? Whoa! I always tried to simplify American politics because they could get a little complex. Oh my gosh! I don't know how the French keep track of these things AND ours!!)
Anyways, sometimes I forget. Then I wake up in the morning, eat a baguette, go to class, walk outside and remember. Ha ha! I'm in Paris!! And my birthday is coming up! YAY!
Today for instance: After class I went home to drop off my books. Then I looked up some stuff about London (because oh yea, I'm going on vacation for a few days). Then went down to the Latin quarter. I walked around on this fun map they gave us. I saw some fancy patisseries (Macarons for 80 euros per kilo), Saint-Sulpice (where they have several signs explaining that Dan Brown is NOT a historian of any sorts and everything he says about the church is absolutely incorrect), and to finish my tour I bumped into a cute little neighborhood. Irish pubs abound, Yves-Saint-Laurent, Cartier, Guess, Dior, and of course: Les Deux Magots.
On my way home (ok it was actually about 10 metro stops out of my way, but really) I stopped off at a new patisserie I have been wanting to go to for a fraisier. Then I stopped off at the boulangerie on my street for a demi-baguette. As I sat down to my lunch I thought, "Could this get any better?"

4 comments:

  1. It COULD NOT get any better!!! Vacation from VaCaTiOn!! That is the best! (Oh, yeah--you ARE studying!) Hugs in Paris!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Marie Antoinette knew what she was talking about when she said "let them eat cake"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doodle I had no idea you were exploring the world! How exciting:) I hope that you're having a great time out there...I wish I was there with you that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! My birthday is coming up too. hahaha

    ReplyDelete