Saturday, January 17, 2009

J'arrive

I'm sitting in my chambre in the 8eme arrondissement in Paris right this very moment. I got in the car on Thursday at 9:45 am and checked into my hotel at 3 pm on Friday. It was a long trip. It's cold, and rainy out, but it's PARIS! Land of floor zero.
This morning I woke up and had a French breakfast (I think I can eat baguettes everyday until the day that I die, and to help aid in that my host family is buying me one every day). Then we got on the Metro and saw our classrooms, in the Institute/Church/Mission house. We walked around and had lunch then all the other students went to their host families but mine were not home yet. (It's hard to get to your home in Paris when you have parties in Versailles and a country home in Provence). So how to spend 2 hours in the afternoon in Paris? Tricky. NOT! Of course I headed over to the Eiffel tower (which is just a few blocks from my director's apartment, in fact you can see it from his living room). It was exciting, seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time, I just couldn't believe my luck.
When I got back to the Patterson's we took my bags and got on the Metro again (thanks to my director and his son, all I had to carry was my purse). I am staying one block from the Metro station in the 8em arrondissement, just 3 km from l'Arch de Triomphe and the Louvre. :) Mme doesn't speak a single word of English, but M. speaks it well enough to help me when I get stuck. I have another roommate here, I believe her name is Amy (I met her for about 2 seconds) she is Japonese and studying classic ballet and jazz. She also speaks no English, but speaks French much better than I do.
I have church tomorrow, and hopefully will come across some shampoo and conditioner as I forgot to pack that.

3 comments:

  1. Que l'aventure commence! Quelle chance, tu as. Amuse-toi bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Doodle, what a cute blog! I am so happy for you and you enjoy those baguettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HEHE, looks like you are going to have a great time!! I have to admit, I am a little jealous. It has to be nice to see the world. Have fun, miss your favorite brother and for sure enjoy the food...that is always the best part of traveling (as we know from San Fran)

    ReplyDelete