Friday, January 23, 2009

Musings

I know this won't come as a shock to most people, but I can sometimes have very strong opinions. One of my very strong opinions is that America = Great. I love The United States. I don't always agree with what happens in America, and I don't like all the politics, but America to me is fabulous. While reading through my Paris tours book I keep noticing snubs against the U.S. How unrefined we are, or our terrible eating habits, and our lack of diversity. This makes me sad. I just wanted to share that. France is not better than the United States. They are different, and they can be quite the same.
Anyways, I just wanted to say that. And I thought I would add some more little thoughts and general observations:
  • Everyone wear scarfs all the time. Night, day, man, women, young, old. One thing in common: Scarves.
  • I love it when the accordion players get on the metro and play really cheesy Parisian songs.
  • I saw a car today that said 'Baby on Board!!' (in French) and it just made me laugh, I wasn't expecting it.
  • People really enjoy their boots. It doesn't even matter if they match. You can be wearing all black, and have brown boots on. Also, a lot of young girls (like 20's) wear really tiny skirts/longer shirts-dress things, leggings and boots. I don't know how they stay warm. It barely covers their butt. Must be the scarf.
  • I have yet to meet a mean person. Everyone is so nice. Men and women alike hold doors open for me at stores, restaurants and in the Metro. If anyone bumps you, you are guaranteed a 'Pardon'. (I missed that in the beginning and said 'desolee' to everyone, whoops)The guys we met at institute acted as tourguides to us and showed us around for an extra 2 hours, finding us better and cheaper food even though one was on a diet and wasn't even going to eat with us and they had school the next morning, but they found us all metros and hung out with us. They even switched between English and French depending on what each person prefered.
I just thought I would share that with you, I didn't do anything exciting today, so I don't have much to report.

3 comments:

  1. You have to write a post on eating Ratatouille in Paris sometime. I love that movie...little chef...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for America! Hooray for Doodle! Hooray for Ratatouille! hahahahaha

    ps. Hooray for scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a good laugh out of this post, because it is all true! I'd like to hear more of your musings as your adventures continue...I always wondered what France would be like as a regular person...

    ReplyDelete