Monday, January 26, 2009

Laundry

So I keep meaning to do my laundry. And I keep forgetting. Mme had company over today and I didn't want to barge into the living room and ask her about my dirty underwear. So I thought I would wait until tomorrow. I got ready and left for FHE. While there we had a conversation about the word 'Moist'. When I hear 'Moist' I think of cake. Delicious, delicious cake. Apparently some people have very appauling opinions about the word. They insist that moist is a terrible word. A few examples, I snuggled into my moist sheets and went to bed. My socks were moist. The walls are moist. Ok point taken. So I was not really in a moist mood.
Then I came home. And apparently my host family did my laundry. And they don't have a dryer. So I came home to... a big pile of MOIST clothing.
So they gave me this nifty indoor clothes line. Exciting. I put it by the radiator. I don't know how else it will dry. It's pretty cold in the house. I guess we'll see...

I miss dryer toasty socks.

4 comments:

  1. Who needs warm fluffy socks when you have the Eiffel tower, crepes and baguettes?!! And an almost maid, someone who does your laundry for you.Creme de la creme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no dryers in France! If they have a fan that usually helps: just point it right at the rack and crack open a window so the moisture can go somewhere. Get ready for some rock hard jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may surprise you, but I also don't like the word moist. I think it's gross. And this may surprise you even more, I have even had conversations about the word moist with people. Random. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing you ever say surprises me Adam.

    ReplyDelete